CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 3, 2010

I had a birthday shout HOORAY!!!

Yes, this is the "big" year. I turned 30 last week. I woke up to a balloon bouquet on my porch tied to a bag of Gluten Free granola from my dear friend Krista. The giant "30" was accompanied by latex balloons in the Phx Suns colors in support of the playoff game that night.
Then, Hayden and I went to breakfast with Mike and Sharon-thanks again Mike. We then spent the day with Sharon. We haven't spent a lot of time with her lately so it was nice to hang out. And she took us to lunch. It was so yummy.
When Court got home I got my present!! I could not get a good picture, so this is the best I could get. Yes, those are DIAMONDS!!! What girl doesn't love diamonds. But these are more special than just any diamond. Court's Grandpa Yates gave him a ring years ago before he passed away. I has(well had) 7 round diamonds in it. It was a way ugly setting, but the diamonds are beautiful. We talked about taking them and making earrings, necklace or ring but Court never really wanted to. He would always say that he liked it the way it was and it would sit in the jewelry drawer. So, when I first opened the earrings I was excited. Until he told me that they were Grandpa's diamonds he had used. Then they meant so much more. Grandpa passed away right after we began dating, so I never met him, but the fact that Court took those diamonds and made them something special for me is what makes them priceless(although converting them to earrings was NOT priceless!!) I can't wait to see what he does with the other 5.
Then, my cute, talented, awesome friend Shelly came to bring me a present. She has been making these aprons and I love them. And now I have one!!!!
It's reversible!! I don't dare wear it though when I cook cause I don't want to get it dirty. Thanks Shelly!!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!!!!
And finally, our good friends the Woods brought dinner(Costa Vita........yum!)and Krista came and we all watched the game. The Suns lost, so that wasn't too fun, but the company was great!! I also got some great cards and gifts in the mail from my family. Thanks everyone for making my birthday so special!!! Now for the next 30 years..................................

3 comments:

Shelly and Ron Huber said...

What a fun day! 30 isn't old!!! It's 40 I'm kinda dreading! ;) I'm glad you like that apron it's great on ya!

Our Little Corner said...

Yes, the apron is super cute and the earrings are beautiful. Maybe one day I can see them in person. I'm glad that your big 3-0 was special.

Lindsey Springfield said...

Looks lifke fun. Happy Birthday!! :)